Sunday, October 28, 2012

Days 33 and 34: Only one week to go!

Missed a day of posting...lucky for all of you, I haven't been all that exciting the past two days, so you didn't miss much.

Day 33 Breakfast: smoothie

Day 33 Lunch: Grilled Cheese
A few days ago, we got Uriah a grilled cheese sandwich at the Farmer's Market, and I took a small bite of it. I have been craving one ever since. This one, with raw organic cheese and Ezekiel bread, wasn't quite the same as the greasy, white bread and American cheese version I was hoping for; but it was a pretty good substitute.


Day 33 Dinner: Peruvian food
I have no idea how to pronounce, spell or even barely explain what we ate for dinner at the little Peruvian place a friend took us to. I know it was beef, tomatoes and some onions. They were great. There also might have been some potatoes and rice. In my defense, I gave most of those to Uriah.


Day 34 Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs and fresh-squeezed Orange Juice

Day 34 Lunch: Steak tacos

Day 34 Dinner: The Melting Pot!
Tonight was our (official) cheat dinner. I think the thing I have liked most about our cheat dinners is that they have also turned themselves into date nights lately.

Spinach and Artichoke Cheese Fondue 

Us being our classy selves.


Buffalo Chicken, Teriyaki Steak, Mushroom Scallopinis, Old Bay Shrimp, Marinated Pork and veggies

If you haven't heard of The Melting Pot before, it's one of those places where you pay way too much money to have to cook your own food. But it's fun. And I can't say it's not delicious. All this food came to our table raw (the platter in the middle), then we cooked it in the broth and added whichever sauces we liked.
And of course there was dessert. A mix of dark and white chocolate fondue. 

Can you tell we had a great time?

No comments:

Post a Comment