Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 12: scavenger hunt!

Guess what we had for breakfast.....an OMELETTE! For the record, if it were up to me, I would not be making the same breakfast over and over again. But it's what Andy wants to eat, so that's what we get.

Lunch: Tuna salad and asparagus

The tuna salad is easy--canned tuna, olive oil, chopped red onions, garlic powder, salt and pepper. I've posted my recipe for making perfect asparagus a couple of times already, so I won't do it here (if you want to see it, try Day 1).

Dinner: Soy Ginger Cod and roasted carrots
Not the best photo. But it was quite good.

The cod was from Trader Joes, frozen and pre-marinated:

There were a couple minor ingredients in the marinade that are a bit of a stretch. But all you have to do is follow the instructions on the package to bake, microwave (seriously?) or pan fry them. I pan fried them. They were very flakey and so that's why they ended up in the messy picture above. Next time, I think I would try baking them to try avoiding that problem. Either way, they tasted great.

The carrots I simply peeled and sliced, then put in a pan in the oven at 375 for about 15 minutes or so. Then I tossed them in a little butter and salt.


Andy came home with some Trader Joe's Halloween JoJos today. Not just one box. Five boxes. Apparently that's the amount to stock up on since we can't have them until after they'll all be gone. I hid them. He had a week moment this afternoon and searched the house. He told me I could have an orange soda if he could just have a cookie. Then he searched the house again. Lucky for us, we're still doing a cheat dinner tomorrow night.

1 comment:

  1. I love the honest moments and seeing the great selection from Trader Joe's too. :) You guys rock!!!

    ReplyDelete