Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 24: I'm beginning to see the light.

Breakfast: Peaches and strawberries

Yum.

Lunch: Chicken spring salad

All I did was use the left-over pesto chicken from yesterday with some spring mix and apple cidar vinegar dressing. I will never get tired of that dressing. And if you're thinking this salad looks small, you're right. At this point, that's all it takes to fill us up. We started out having to eat salads that were whole platefuls to get us full, and now we've made it to this. Funny how that works. Kinda nice actually.

Dinner: Chimichurri Steaks and roasted veggies

This is a very easy dinner.

The steaks are simply from Trader Joe's (of course).
Like most of their meats, I think the marinade might be a stretch. Maybe biggest problem with this one is that it has "tequila-flavored seasoning" listed as one of the ingredients. So it's not tequila? It's just tequila-flavored? I think that might actually be worse.

But the steaks are delicious. Juicy and tender, with a great flavor to them.

You're supposed to grill them, but I did them in a pan just fine. Just put them over MedHi heat and flipped them every couple of minutes until they were done.

The veggies were zucchini and asparagus, sliced into pieces and tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper and a little garlic powder.

Put them all in a dish in the oven at 375 for.....Ok, I'm not sure. I put them in about 5 minutes before I put the steaks on. I opened up the oven and stirred them around every time I flipped the steaks (so I guess every couple of minutes). They were done about 5 minutes after the steaks. So 15 or 20 minutes maybe?


Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We're almost to Phase III. That means tuna melts. And turkey sandwiches. This is huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment