Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 7: One week down....

I set up a fun little play tent outside for Uriah to play with today and took some photos of him exploring it. This was my favorite one.


Now on to things that you all actually are interested in (maybe)--

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, strawberries and coffee (of course!)



Lunch: Kind-of Cobb Salad with spinach


The salad was made up of a Trader Joe's spinach, turkey bacon, hardboiled eggs, chicken, cucumbers and tomatoes with a vegan ranch dressing. I have no idea what actually qualifies a cobb salad as a cobb salad--but this is my version of it for today. The dressing was....eh. I will probably finish the bottle, but I wouldn't buy it again.




Dinner: Tri-Tip and broccoli

I got the tri-tip from Trader Joe's (surprise, surprise). It's their pre-seasoned Santa Maria Tri-Tip. It's fantastic. All you have to do is pull it out of the package and put it in the oven for about an hour.

The broccoli is also an easy Trader Joe's favorite (maybe I should switch the theme of this blog from the Maker's Diet to "Cooking with Trader Joe's").


That's the purple bag I was talking about in previous post. It's microwaveable. All I had to do was snip off a small corner, put it in the microwave for 4 minutes, and toss it in a little butter and salt. Perfect broccoli. Every time.


We have definitely started to enjoy this diet. Food is actually filling us up. I no longer get the "I'm starving and NEED dinner NOW" feeling. As funny as that sounds, it's kind of freeing. We're feeling great. This has been much easier than last time. But Andy goes back to work tomorrow, so it could get much more difficult for him. I've got a bag of snacks packed for him to grab tomorrow morning, so hopefully that will help.

Oh, and I can officially tell you that, in the first week of this diet (since it's now day 7), we officially went through 1 pound of carrots, 1 pound of celery, 4 pounds of strawberries, 3 quarts of blueberries and 1 quart of raspberries--all as snacks. We also ate 3 dozen eggs.

I'm glad we've made it through that stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment