Friday, October 19, 2012

Day 25: I can do anything for 15 more days, right?

Breakfast: If you guessed omelette, you would be.....half right. 

I made an omelette for Andy and brought it to him at work. I had some fruit.

Then we ran out the door and headed to OC Great Park. If you live in the area, and have kids, you MUST go. They have a free carousel that you can ride as many times as you want.




Lunch: Steak Nachos

I've been looking forward to these all week. I used the left-over steak from last night, raw organic cheese, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime, avocado and some organic white corn tortilla chips. The tortilla chips are another place I'm willing to budge a bit from the diet occasionally. They're almost OK, and they sure are a bright spot when I get to indulge in them.

I simply layered the chips, cheese and steak in on a piece of foil on top of a baking sheet, put them in an oven at 350 for a few minutes until the cheese was melted, then put the other ingredients over the top.

Truthfully, the tostada nacho things I made last week were much easier to eat. I think I'd make those again before I make nachos, even when we're not on a diet.


Dinner: The Habit (gee, I'm starting to understand why they call it that)

Hopefully, this is my only cheat meal this weekend. But it's gonna be tough. Andy is out of town, and I've got a handful of great opportunities this weekend. We're headed to the swap meet tomorrow, with a ton of fun food booths, I'm headed to a church event tomorrow night with Krispy Kreme doughnuts, and my mom is gonna be in town. On top of the fact that Andy has limited food resources this weekend, so he has no choice but to cheat a bit. Ugh. I'll be surrounded by temptations everywhere I turn, with no one to do it with me. I think it's gonna be a bit like this:


Don't worry, they're fake. But I'm not sure Uriah knows that.

No comments:

Post a Comment