Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 30: Only 10 more to go!

Breakfast: a smoothie--banana, pineapple, peach and strawberry

Lunch: Chik Fil A

Yes. Chick Fil A. Not only did Uriah get this terrifically cheesy comic book about cows with superpowers there, but you can get grilled chicken and fresh fruit there. Which is wonderful, considering I could get chicken nuggets for the kiddo AND enjoy the peace and quiet while he plays in the air-conditioned play area.

Dinner:  blueberry-pecan pancakes

This is a recipe straight out of the Maker's Diet book. I was pretty nervous about this one. And they definitely came out a bit funny-looking. But they tasted amazing. I would seriously choose these over regular pancakes every time. And it was really nice to eat pancakes. Really nice.

1.5 cups whole-wheat flour
3/4 cup water mixed with 1Tbs yogurt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla

Mix flour with water and yogurt and let stand overnight (OK...so this is what the recipe says to do...I didn't see this until I was getting ready to make them, so I didn't do that. Oops?). Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Cook in a skillet or pan over moderate heat.


To be honest, I haven't made many of the recipes out of the book because they just don't look very appetizing to me. I probably wouldn't have made this one either; but I really wanted pancakes and so I figured I could give it a try. I think maybe I should try a few more of these recipes.




We went to Tanaka Farms today to get pumpkins.


What I hadn't realized before going there is that they are an actual real, working farm. You can pick your own produce there. I am excited to go back and do it--can't get any fresher than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment