Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 19: Sad and pathetic


Breakfast: Coffee. Lots of coffee

There's a reason for that. I flew out the door just about the second I could get Uriah up and ready to get out to some garage sales. It paid off. I got a TON of fun toys for only $30. Probably my best find was this little beauty:

He actually came as part of a "set". There were ratty stuffed animal versions of Donatello and Leonardo that the 20-ish kid who sold them to me insisted be kept together. I told him that I only wanted the Rafael; but he insisted they had to find a home together and that he would throw them in for free. The way he was looking at them I half expected him to snatch them back and run into the house crying. I kinda felt bad when I threw them in the dumpster when we got home. I'm sure his mother would thank me.

Lunch: Sad and pathetic turkey rolls

In theory, these sounded like a great idea. Roll some lettuce, tomato and cheese up in a couple of slices of turkey lunchmeat. Totally makes sense. I'm pretty sure I did it successfully last time we tried this diet. This time? They were super pathetic. I think it mostly was because the turkey was kinda "shreddy" (not really a word, but I'm pretty sure it's the best word to describe this turkey). We ate them, but I don't think I'll be doing this one again. They were about as sad-looking as the kid who sold me the Ninja Turtle.


Dinner: Mahi fish tacos

I melted some butter in a pan, added a little crushed garlic, Trader Joe's limeade and cilantro, then grilled some Trader Joe's frozen mahi mahi filets. Once they were cooked, I sorta broke them up into taco-sized pieces in the pan.

I put them on a corn tortilla with shredded cabbage, tomatoes, red onions, cilantro and lime. Not too bad.



Not gonna lie, looking forward to dinner tomorrow night. It's gonna be go big or go home.


No comments:

Post a Comment