Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 22: Why I love Trader Joe's

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs

Lunch: Trader Joe's Chicken Salad

This Trader Joe's chicken salad is really great.
And now that we're in phase two, it's totally on the OK list. OK, well, we're allowed to have Omega-3 mayonnaise. If I'm being honest, I don't even really know what that means. But I'm gonna keep it that way. And assume that the small amount of mayonnaise in this chicken salad MUST be Omega-3.  I suppose I probably could have just made a chicken salad with omega-3 mayonnaise myself. But why would I do that when this one's so great? I do enough dishes already.

I simply put it on top of a spring mix tossed in apple cider vinegar and it was a great lunch.


Dinner: Carne Asada tacos and watermelon


The tacos were simply Trader Joe's carne asada, Trader Joe's corn tortillas, tomatoes, red onions, cilantro and lime.

I was in the middle of getting dinner ready and watching the presidential debate and helping Uriah eat his dinner. So I forgot to take a photo. But here's what I did take photos of before I started cooking--

Here are the ingredients to the corn tortillas from Albertson's:


Here are the ingredients to the corn tortilla's from Trader Joe's:


And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is why I love Trader Joe's.

No comments:

Post a Comment