Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 16: Facing my fears

I conquered a fear today. More on that in a bit. First--

Breakfast: Yup. An omelette. We did have some peaches with it though, so that was something new.

Lunch: Cobb Salad


Romaine, tomatoes, red onions, eggs, avocado, turkey, turkey bacon and red onions; tossed in apple cider vinegar dressing. The recipe for the dressing is in one of my posts from the first week.

We were hardly even hungry, to be honest. I only ate about half of the salad I'd made and had get rid of the rest. As odd as it sounds, it's truly freeing not to be so dependent on eating all the time.


Dinner: Spaghetti Squash with meat sauce
I have always been terrified of spaghetti squash. It intimidates me. It scares me. It's weird. But my hunger for spaghetti drove me to face it.

And it was WAY easier than I thought. Here's a fantastic video explaining everything you need to know about making spaghetti squash. The only complaint I have is that it made cutting the squash in half look easy. It was not.

For the sauce, I simply used Trader Joe's Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce.
There's a little bit of added sugar, but other than that we're in the clear on that one.

I started by cooking up some ground beef (yeah, I know, it's supposed to be sausage, but that's not how MY mom always made it) in a sauce pan with some salt, pepper and garlic powder. Once the beef is cooked, add the marinara sauce and simmer until it's warm.

After preparing the squash, I simply dumped the sauce on top. It was really good. And very filling. I was pleasantly surprised. Uriah actually seemed to like this more than regular spaghetti. I will definitely be making this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment