Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 18: Honoring my husband makes me sick

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs and peaches

I finally remembered to take a photo of breakfast. Aren't you glad?


Lunch: Uh oh

I believe that's it's truly important, as a wife, to respect your husband's decisions and honor his opinions. So if my husband decides that we must have The Habit for lunch, then I guess we really must. I'm just trying to be a good wife.

Funny thing is, last time we had The Habit, we didn't feel sick at all. This time, we both felt like we were gonna burst. I felt gross most of the afternoon. We both got exactly the same thing as last time--except for the fries. Last time we both got sweet potato fries. This time we got regular fries. Interesting, I guess.

And yes, that is a chocolate milkshake.

Dinner: Chicken tostada nacho thingys (again)

We wanted something a little on the lighter side for dinner after our terrible lunch. So I used the leftovers from lunch yesterday to make a few more of these. Chicken, raw organic cheese, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and lime. These are great and quite easy to make. You will probably see these again over the next few weeks.


We are almost halfway. Good thing, because we've already wanted to quit a couple times. One of the things that makes this tough is that I really enjoy eating out. It's one of my favorite things to do. Especially the sitting and lingering after the meal, just sipping on what's left of your drink and relaxing. Eating at home every meal means that as soon as we're done, there are dishes to do. Bleh.

On the plus side, I lost another 5 pounds this week for a total of 15 from the start of the diet. Not sure if that trend will continue. Supposedly the weight loss is supposed to taper off after Phase I. So we'll see.

And, of course, I probably gained another 5 pounds back after those fries today.

No comments:

Post a Comment