Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day 23:What you don't know can't hurt you, right?

Just spicing up the photos a bit.




We went out in a boat in around Balboa today. Had a blast. May or may not have gotten the boys a scoop of ice cream afterward. May or may not have gotten one for myself as well. Oops. At least I'm not craving Rocky Road anymore.


Breakfast: If you were betting on an omelette, you'd be right. 
Chicken sausage, tomato, red onion and cilantro. Reigning favorite around here.


Lunch: Trader Joe's Pesto Chicken with peaches and strawberries


The chicken comes pre-marinated in the Trader Joe's meat section. This is one of those ones that the marinade has a few minor ingredients in it that I think are things we're not supposed to have; but I figure it's just the marinade and it's minor...so....not a big deal? I'm no nutritionist, so if I'm wrong, please don't tell me. It's really good chicken.


Dinner: Spaghetti squash with meat sauce

If you missed my last post when I cooked this, here's the link again to a great video on how to prepare spaghetti squash. I did one thing differently this time: I figured out an easier way to slice it in half. See, the difficulty mostly comes in that you're supposed to slice it in half lengthwise, which gets hard when you get to the top area with the stem. So this time I cut at an angle:

Worked great and was a bit easier. I felt a lot less concerned that I was gonna slice off one of my fingers that way. Also, I was a bit less timid when scooping the seeds out this time. That also helped. 


Only 17 days left to go. Andy just read this while I was typing this. He said "Seventeen? I thought we only had like seven left or something like that?" Wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment