Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 11: So this is what failure feels like.

Breakfast: Chicken sausage, tomato, cilantro and onion omelette

Lunch: Tomato Basil Chicken salad and strawberries

Same as a few days ago. I simply cooked and diced some chicken, mixed it with the Tomato Basil Almond Spread I got at the farmer's market, and put it over some spring mix tossed in the apple cider vinegar dressing.  So good.

But here's where the trouble started. It was hot today. And not only was it hot today, it's been unbearably hot for the past few weeks. And all I've really wanted over the past few days was a slushie. And I was headed to Centennial Farm with Uriah and I knew it was gonna be even hotter there. And to top it all off, Uriah hasn't been sleeping well the past few nights. Tired and hot are not a good combination. So this happened:


A lemon-berry slush. It was everything I had hoped for. Although the sugar in it did give me the runs later. Sorry, TMI. But I figured you'd probably actually want to know what sort of effect it had since I haven't really had a whole lot of sugar lately.

But it gets worse.

I was going to make a carne asada taco salad for dinner. But our garbage disposal broke this afternoon. And the water won't drain out of the sink. And I don't want to make dinner and end up with a bunch of dishes I can't wash. So we went out to dinner. We went to Slapfish because we figured that was a great place to get some fish and veggies and still not screw up our diet. But then we got there. And how can you go to Slapfish and simply settle for some fish and veggies with all the other delicious things they have on their menu? Seriously, go there. It will change your life. So this was dinner:

Chowder fries. Perfectly hot, crispy french fries smothered in the best clam chowder you've ever tasted. And topped with bacon. At least Andy did it with me. Someone told me once that sin is always easier when two of you agree to it. I think that applies to diets, too.

And now, 3 hours later, I seriously feel like I might throw up. Totally awful. Totally worth it. Back on track tomorrow. I hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment