Monday, September 24, 2012

Prep Day

I started today by cleaning out our kitchen of pretty much everything that we cannot eat for the next 40 days. Anything that would save for the next 40 days either went in the freezer or in a small corner of the cupboard.

Then I went to the store. $150 later, it was time to start getting ready for the week. Yes, $150. But that's because I had to buy a lot of things to get started that I won't have to buy again. Things like flaxseed oil and almond butter and a new bottle of EVOO. Those things will last for a long time. So normally I won't be such a big spender (I hope!).

Here's our meal plan for the week:


Phase I: Week 1

Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Breakfast
Smoothies and eggs


Egg scramble and berries
Smoothies and almonds
Egg scramble and berries
Smoothies and eggs
Egg scramble and berries
Lunch
Tuna salad and asparagus
Steak salad
Berry-spinach Salad with chicken


Tuna salad and veggies
Steak taco salad
Maui short ribs with broccoli
Dinner
Steaks and sautéed squash
Baked chicken breasts, steamed carrots


Salmon and broccoli
Flank steak with a spring salad
Marinated chicken legs and broccoli
Cheat Dinner
Snacks
Almonds, carrots, celery, berries, chicken














This was a very neat little chart in my Word Doc that I'm using to work on meal plans. I'm going to need to figure out how to make this transfer over or how to do it differently in the future. If anyone knows how, I'd love some help.  :)



I spent about 45 minutes tonight prepping snacks for the week. I washed and cut all our veggies and fruits, so they're ready to go when we feel like we just might die over the next few days. Last time we did this, it was the first 3 or 4 days that were the hardest. Not eating any carbs made us STARVING all the time. There was one point when I ate an entire carton of strawberries in one sitting. What I like about the Maker's is that you can totally do that. Here's what I've got ready for this week:


You're looking at 1 pound of carrots, 1 pound of celery, 2 pounds of strawberries and a quart of blueberries. I also cooked a couple of chicken breasts and cut them up to grab as a quick snack. If my memory serves me right, it took us about 3 days to go through all of this last time. We'll see how it goes. 

After that, we sat down as a family and lovingly said goodbye to a dear friend. 



2 comments:

  1. Very cool! In print, it definitely sounds yummy! That extra time prepping snacks will help so much, I bet.
    We already miss you guys. Hope everything goes well with your diet plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great plan for the first week. I'm sure all that preparation for the healthy snacks will come in handy. Can't wait to hear how your week proceeds. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete