Thursday, September 27, 2012

Confessional time: Day 3

I ate two Starbursts today. I didn't mean to, I promise. It was an accident! My Bible study leader always has little pieces of candy for us each week, and this week when I walked in there was a little baby Starburst package sitting on my chair. I thought "Yum, Starbursts!" I opened it up, popped them in my mouth, and thought nothing of it. Then about 10 minutes later, as everyone else in my group was discussing the power of Christ in Ephesians, I was silently freaking out as I realized what I had just done.

Ok, I confessed. I feel much better now.

Breakfast: Smoothie and almonds


I mixed it up this time and went with blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries. Actually, I also tried adding some ice to the smoothie this time. I think Andy and I both liked it better that way. From now on I'll also be adding ice.


Lunch: Spinach salad with berries and chicken

Pretty simple. One bag of Spinach, sliced strawberries, raspberries, grilled chicken and the same Trader Joe's Red Wine and Olive Oil dressing.


Dinner: Garlic Citrus Salmon and roasted carrots

Carrots:
Butter
Salt
Carrots

Peel and slice carrots. Place in a pan in the oven at 400 degrees. Stir every 5-8 minutes. Cook until tender, then toss in a little melted butter and salt. 


Salmon:
Butter
Crushed Garlic
Lemon
Salmon filets

Melt a little butter in a pan, add a little of the crushed garlic (I use the kind in a jar from Trader Joe's) and let it brown. Then grill the salmon, usually it takes about 4 minutes on each side. Once the salmon is done, squeeze the juice from the lemon over the top while still in the pan, pull the pan off the heat and let it sit for a minute or two, then serve. 



They say that when you start writing down what you eat, you start to notice patterns. I've noticed that I clearly use a lot of butter when I cook (OK, so I kinda knew this, but now that all of you do, I guess I have to admit it). This is actually totally OK on the Maker's Diet, but I think I'd like to try toning it down a bit. Olive oil it is. 

I came home from Bible study today, and my husband also had a confession to make. He had eaten just about everything in our fridge. In his words, he was "hangry" (that would be hungry + angry....or I guess more accurately, angry because he's hungry). 

Today was still not awful, but we've been an awful lot of hangry today. We're already scheming and dreaming of our cheat dinner on Sunday night. Hopefully we make it over this hill soon. Looking forward to a big breakfast tomorrow, it's gonna be delicious!







1 comment:

  1. So did Andy bloat up like a blueberry after cleaning out the fridge contents? I hope you both will be able to get past this minor hurdle and leave the "hangry" behind.

    ReplyDelete